Relationship between law and political science: Law and political science are relatively related as they both form essential aspects of each other Basically, law establishes government and regulates its actions while government, which is an institution of political science, establishes laws in a society. This therefore means that law and political science are deeply rooted in each other due to this close and more relationship that exists between the two. This article will therefore examine in full this close relationship that exists between Law and Politics.
Recommended: Relationship Between Law and Morality
What is the law?
Law is basically a set of rules, regulations, conventions, treaties and other laws in force in a state. Formally, law can be defined as a complex system of formal rules, principles and processes regulated as needed and enforced in an institutionalized manner based on the need to regulate the social relations and actions of members of society in order to achieve certain social goals.
The law functions primarily to enforce law and order in the state, resolve and amicably settle disputes in the state, protect the rights of citizens of the state, and regulate the activities of the government of a State.
Recommended: Relationship Between Law and Psychology
What is political science?
Political science is a social science that deals with the study and scientific analysis of different systems of government, political actions, governmental institutions, political thoughts and political behavior. Political science mainly focuses on the theory and practices of politics, the functionality of government at the local, state, national and international levels. Political science therefore studies the state, state institutions and politics at all levels.
The function of political science is to provide answers to questions about politics through critical thinking, analysis, understanding and application of political methodologies. Political science also helps in understanding political ideas, policies, political behavior, institutions and ideologies.
Ultimately, political science works to explain human behavior from a political perspective.
I hope you now understand the meaning of political science and the already discussed meaning of law? Let us see how to consider the relationship that exists between political science and law.
See also: Advantages and disadvantages of being an entrepreneur
Relationship between political science and law
1. Law and political science deal primarily with the state and with man. This means that political science studies man as a citizen, the political activities exhibited by man in a state, and deals with the institutions of government of a state. The law in the same vein seeks to regulate the state and enforce peace and order in the state. It also sets state policies and regulates the life and transactions of man in the state, as it seeks to make man a binding citizen and protect human rights.
From the above, we can conclude that law and political science deal with man, the state and the relationship of man in the state.
2. Political science and law serve as a medium for each other, as political science deals with various governmental institutions and law-making processes.
Alternatively, political science seeks to use political institutions to make laws in a state, while law enforces those laws and law compels government agencies to achieve its end product if they enforce the law, uphold the law and order in society.
Recommended: Importance of Law in Society
3. The sources of law depend on political science. As we may know, there are various sources of laws in a state. These sources include: legislation, customs, conventions, treaties, received laws and case law. These sources of law emanate from the political concepts with which political science deals.
These political concepts include: justice, rights, equality, legitimacy, freedom, sovereignty. These political concepts form the basis of law in a society. Thus, the sources of law depend on the concepts, ideologies and political ideals that are key elements of political science.
4. Political science and law are never static, rather they are dynamic. This means that political science is not static and law is also dynamic as it constantly changes according to the political philosophies of the state.
5. Law and political science are deeply rooted in philosophy. In these two fields, various definitions, opinions and postulations are made by philosophers. In law, the activities of philosophers are widely referred to as legal jurisprudence, while in political science they are referred to as political philosophy.
See also: Advantages and disadvantages of being famous and popular
6. Political science deals with the study of government, institutions, the relationship between government, and the formulation of laws. For its part, the law is also part of politics. Thus, law and political science are closely related to each other as they both form essential elements of each other.
seven. Political science helps us to understand and law, on the other hand, helps to appreciate the functionality of political institutions and agencies and how a state’s political institutions and law work harmoniously to maximize the welfare of the citizens of the state. ‘State. Thus, we can say that law and political science share a close relationship as they both work hand in hand to maximize the welfare of citizens.
See also: Advantages and disadvantages of a written constitution
8. The study of political science and law are closely related, as some aspects of political science are largely concerned with law, the processes of law-making, the implementation of law in a state. Similarly, some aspects of law are studied in political science. Thus, the study of political science and that of law have traces of each other.
9. Law and political science functions improve social relations, maximize social welfare, and maintain law and order in society. Political science for one deals with the political institutions that make the law and enforce those laws in the state and the law rightly establishes the political organizations and empowers the political institutions to act properly for the purpose of maximizing welfare citizens of a society.
ten. The disciplines of law and political science are closely linked and have a direct impact on all aspects of our daily lives.
See also: How to make learning fun and engaging
I hope this article was a great read and did justice in examining the relationship between law and political science. I now totally believe you on the relationship between the two, if you are still confused on some of the relationships considered above between law and political science, you can feel free to ask your questions or share your opinions if you fully understand this article and have no questions.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is determined to change the legal profession by creating web and mobile applications that will make legal research much easier.